– 8 min – Oh, how I miss being here and writing. And what I was writing about. It’s ‘only’ been about 5 months since I posted here, but it feels like a hundred years. I miss being immersed in the whole screenwriting learning experience. Learning about film in general actually. But most of all,… Continue reading Week 55-72 13/02-18/06/2017 # When Storms Turn Into Hurricanes, No One Is Left Standing
– 6 min – This is something that is probably on every (aspiring) screenwriter’s mind. And not only on screenwriters’ minds, but any creator of anything. The issue of intellectual property. And in the case of authors, which screenwriters are, this is called copyright. And you see it often stated in books and at the… Continue reading Week 53-54 30/01-12/02/2017 # What’s Mine Is (Not) Mine: The Copyright Myth
– 6 min – What became clearer and clearer to me as I talked with my friend last week about the story, is that we kept talking about it in chunks. And I realized that the first thing I would have to do, is write down what chunks of story I really had so far… Continue reading Week 51-52 16-29/01/2017 # Game Of Cards: Outlining The Story (And Its Revelations)
– 7 min – Write what you know. Write what is close to your heart. From that point of view, storytelling really isn’t rocket science at all. And when you examine closely and simply look at what you’re drawn to, it really is right in front of you. You just have to look and pay… Continue reading Week 49-50 02-15/01/2017 # Hello, I Am Your Story. Write Me.
– 8 min – As is not uncommon, I too did an end-of-year review for myself, about this past year. And of course screenwriting has had a big part in it. I actually became a member of the Screenwriting page on FB at the very beginning of this past year as a New Year’s resolution,… Continue reading Week 47-48 19/12/2016-01/01/2017 # End-Of-Year Review: Still In Love And Now Ruined For Life (In A Good Way)
– 4 min – Last week I wrote about how important it is to know thyself first, before trying to write a good and convincing story. Don’t worry, it’s not necessary to know yourself completely first, because who does anyway? But what is important, especially when you’re stuck in a desert of no ideas, like… Continue reading Week 46 12-18/12/2016 # 25 Questions Before Trying To Write A Story
– 6 min – Doing nothing, when a deadline-clock is ticking, the one for the final phase of the Immersion Screenwriting Course, isn’t my strong suit. Like sitting in this desert of no ideas. And I almost literally hear that clock telling me ‘hello, deadline approaching of writing your own screenplay, nothing’s happening, no words… Continue reading Week 45 05-11/12/2016 # Fruitful Discoveries In The Desert Of No Ideas