– 8 min – As is not uncommon, I too did an end-of-year review for myself, about this past year. And of course screenwriting has had a big part in it. I actually became a member of the Screenwriting page on FB at the very beginning of this past year as a New Year’s resolution,… Continue reading Week 47-48 19/12/2016-01/01/2017 # End-Of-Year Review: Still In Love And Now Ruined For Life (In A Good Way)
– 7 min – And I’m stuck. Yet again. It feels like my very first post, when I was on Day 3 of my journey. Sure, it’s great that you now know how to write a screenplay and have actually written one. And pretty good too, but still just technically and not your own (by… Continue reading Week 44 28/11-04/12/2016 # A Big Obstacle To The Final Phase Of Immersion (Write Your Own Screenplay)
– 6 min – The things I am learning at the Immersion Screenwriting Course are both wide and deep. And on different things, like I shared 2 weeks ago and this is ongoing. Also practical things. The latter being that we are spending too much time on the homework, we heard, because some of us… Continue reading Week 25 18-24/07/2016 # On Progress And Precautions
– 4 min – After the rant to myself last week, there was no way I could face myself anymore, without answering the question what it was going to be. You’re either onboard now, for the whole enchilada or you have to resign, quit. You’re either in or out. No self-respecting person can come back… Continue reading Week 20 13-19/06/2016 # Ready When You Are
– 6 min – While having coffee with that friend last week, she also mentioned a book that could be inspiring when you’re stuck in a rut a bit with your writing. When she told me the writer, I thought ‘I know that name’, then she told me the title and I thought ‘ah, that’s… Continue reading Week 19 06/06-12/06/2016 # Just Write That Shitty First Draft!
– 5 min – I’m becoming a little homesick lately to the days way back when I didn’t know anything about screenwriting or storytelling. That is, from books and seminars and so forth. And all I knew were the stories that were in my head that I wanted to write and just wrote, as a… Continue reading Week 17 23-29/05/2016 # The Days Of Innocence
– 3 min – This has been on my mind for a while. The subject of antagonism. And as I am discovering, it’s one heck of a subject. It’s the biggest I’ve run into yet in screenwriting. I’m not sure why this seemed to be the theme of this week, but probably stirred on by… Continue reading Week 10 04-10/04/2016 # No, I Am Your Antagonist