– 6 min – What became clearer and clearer to me as I talked with my friend last week about the story, is that we kept talking about it in chunks. And I realized that the first thing I would have to do, is write down what chunks of story I really had so far… Continue reading Week 51-52 16-29/01/2017 # Game Of Cards: Outlining The Story (And Its Revelations)
– 3 min – They say that there are only so many stories around. When browsing the internet about this, different things come up about it. From only 7 basic plots (Christopher Booker) to only 36 dramatic situations (Carlos Gozzi, Georges Polti). Also I once heard or read that ideas simply ‘float in the air’,… Continue reading Week 13 25/04-01/05/2016 # A Bump In The Road Or…Not?
– 2 min – By now you know that I am a big fan of Alfred Hitchcock and his ‘pure cinema’, the picture itself playing the lead role over all the other elements available in filmmaking. This week I watched the movie 127 Hours (2010) with James Franco in the lead, because I was curious… Continue reading Week 11 11-17/04/2016 # Photography And Screenwriting
– 4 min – This week I finally was able to get my hands on the book Film Art: An Introduction, by David Bordwell & Kristin Thompson. From the library that is. It’s so often loaned out, but luckily now it wasn’t. I would love to own it, but the price is too steep for… Continue reading Week 9 28/03-03/04/2016 # I See A Theme Here
– 4 min – Well, it had become pretty clear to me that, as often, I tried to do too many things at the same time. It happens when I’m enthusiastic about things or topics. Switching to writing about the writing per week instead of individual days is also a result of this, hence that… Continue reading Week 6 07-13/03/2016 # A First Review…Of The Journey
– 3 min – This is why knowing film history and about other filmmakers and having seen many movies is so important, when you yourself are getting into the game of filmmaking, especially screenwriting. With my planned story in the back of my head all the time, I was digging deeper into Alfred Hitchcock today… Continue reading Day 18 02/03/2016 # Accidentally Hitchcock
– 1 min – Well, she says after just watching the beautiful tribute to silent film The Artist (2011), which received 5 Academy Awards. Not that that always means anything. But I loved it, not just because it really was very well made in my opinion, but also because it fits in so well with… Continue reading Day 15 24/02/2016 # Dialogue Is Overrated