– 5 min – Greetings from the ‘Mothership’! All is well on board and the weather is good. The food is tasty, a little monotonous however: evening, morning, noon, there is only one item on the menu. You guessed it: screenplays. Although they come in different sizes, they all look pretty much the same. Some… Continue reading Week 23-24 04-17/07/2016 # Eating, Sleeping, Drinking, Swimming In Screenplays
– 4 min – After the rant to myself last week, there was no way I could face myself anymore, without answering the question what it was going to be. You’re either onboard now, for the whole enchilada or you have to resign, quit. You’re either in or out. No self-respecting person can come back… Continue reading Week 20 13-19/06/2016 # Ready When You Are
– 6 min – While having coffee with that friend last week, she also mentioned a book that could be inspiring when you’re stuck in a rut a bit with your writing. When she told me the writer, I thought ‘I know that name’, then she told me the title and I thought ‘ah, that’s… Continue reading Week 19 06/06-12/06/2016 # Just Write That Shitty First Draft!
– 5 min – “Does your protagonist want something?”, a creative friend asked me this week, when meeting up for coffee and talking about writing and storytelling and what not. Those kinds of meet-ups always result in something good is my experience now. “Yes, of course”, I replied. “Mine doesn’t”, she said, mentioning her struggle… Continue reading Week 18 30/05-05/06/2016 # Everyone Wants Something: A Simpler Look At Motivation
– 5 min – I’m becoming a little homesick lately to the days way back when I didn’t know anything about screenwriting or storytelling. That is, from books and seminars and so forth. And all I knew were the stories that were in my head that I wanted to write and just wrote, as a… Continue reading Week 17 23-29/05/2016 # The Days Of Innocence
– 3 min – Just when you’re feeling a little out and blue about the progress, because of course I do feel that a little, even though I say I don’t mind, you’re browsing through the screenwriting group on FB and the questions people ask, which I also learn tons from and articles they post,… Continue reading Week 16 16-22/05/2016 # Unexpected Help
– 4 min – A few weeks back someone asked a question in the screenwriting group about subtext and that he was having trouble understanding it or find examples of it. I didn’t respond to it myself, but started thinking if I remembered correctly what that was, after reading some vague comments about it. And… Continue reading Week 15 09-15/05/2016 # The Subtext Of That Text