– 5 min – Oh boy. What to do. Yes, the screenplay is still cooking, brewing, on the stove, in development. No, I’m not writing on it daily. But scenes are growing in my mind. Mostly ‘pure cinema’ ones, no surprise. I don’t mind how slow it goes. The best dishes are slow-cooked ones, in… Continue reading Week 12 18-24/04/2016 # Adaptation Anyone?
– 2 min – By now you know that I am a big fan of Alfred Hitchcock and his ‘pure cinema’, the picture itself playing the lead role over all the other elements available in filmmaking. This week I watched the movie 127 Hours (2010) with James Franco in the lead, because I was curious… Continue reading Week 11 11-17/04/2016 # Photography And Screenwriting
– 3 min – This has been on my mind for a while. The subject of antagonism. And as I am discovering, it’s one heck of a subject. It’s the biggest I’ve run into yet in screenwriting. I’m not sure why this seemed to be the theme of this week, but probably stirred on by… Continue reading Week 10 04-10/04/2016 # No, I Am Your Antagonist
– 4 min – This week I finally was able to get my hands on the book Film Art: An Introduction, by David Bordwell & Kristin Thompson. From the library that is. It’s so often loaned out, but luckily now it wasn’t. I would love to own it, but the price is too steep for… Continue reading Week 9 28/03-03/04/2016 # I See A Theme Here
– 6 min – “…there is only one motivation and that is desire…” – Jane Smiley. A powerful statement that I agree with, which I ran into during this week. I really did need a ‘vacation’ and since Easter weekend was coming up, I was giving myself a little break, not really going anywhere, just… Continue reading Week 8 21-27/03/2016 # True Colours