– 7 min – Write what you know. Write what is close to your heart. From that point of view, storytelling really isn’t rocket science at all. And when you examine closely and simply look at what you’re drawn to, it really is right in front of you. You just have to look and pay… Continue reading Week 49-50 02-15/01/2017 # Hello, I Am Your Story. Write Me.
– 8 min – As is not uncommon, I too did an end-of-year review for myself, about this past year. And of course screenwriting has had a big part in it. I actually became a member of the Screenwriting page on FB at the very beginning of this past year as a New Year’s resolution,… Continue reading Week 47-48 19/12/2016-01/01/2017 # End-Of-Year Review: Still In Love And Now Ruined For Life (In A Good Way)
– 4 min – Last week I wrote about how important it is to know thyself first, before trying to write a good and convincing story. Don’t worry, it’s not necessary to know yourself completely first, because who does anyway? But what is important, especially when you’re stuck in a desert of no ideas, like… Continue reading Week 46 12-18/12/2016 # 25 Questions Before Trying To Write A Story
– 6 min – Doing nothing, when a deadline-clock is ticking, the one for the final phase of the Immersion Screenwriting Course, isn’t my strong suit. Like sitting in this desert of no ideas. And I almost literally hear that clock telling me ‘hello, deadline approaching of writing your own screenplay, nothing’s happening, no words… Continue reading Week 45 05-11/12/2016 # Fruitful Discoveries In The Desert Of No Ideas
– 7 min – And I’m stuck. Yet again. It feels like my very first post, when I was on Day 3 of my journey. Sure, it’s great that you now know how to write a screenplay and have actually written one. And pretty good too, but still just technically and not your own (by… Continue reading Week 44 28/11-04/12/2016 # A Big Obstacle To The Final Phase Of Immersion (Write Your Own Screenplay)
– 7 min – The reason I am saying ‘technically’ is because this screenplay I have just finished now, is not my screenplay, in that I have not come up with the story, the plot, the actions or the dialogue. Technically I have ‘just’ written the story I saw happening on screen. This the assignment… Continue reading Week 42-43 14-27/11/2016 # Technically, I Have Now Written A Screenplay
– 5 min – So, now that I know that I know how to do this, it was time to indeed jump in and just start doing it. Well, pretending to be the screenwriter that is, in this Phase 2: Reverse Screenwriting, which I briefly touched upon in the previous post. It actually took me… Continue reading Week 38-39 17-30/10/2016 # Immersion Phase 2: Pretending To Be The Screenwriter