– 5 min – So, now that I know that I know how to do this, it was time to indeed jump in and just start doing it. Well, pretending to be the screenwriter that is, in this Phase 2: Reverse Screenwriting, which I briefly touched upon in the previous post. It actually took me… Continue reading Week 38-39 17-30/10/2016 # Immersion Phase 2: Pretending To Be The Screenwriter
– 5 min – I have a confession to make: I have yet to read a play by William Shakespeare. Pause for gasps and shocks of horror. I know I have mentioned him in some of the posts as, in my view, an indispensable part of thy writing education. And I still stand behind that… Continue reading Week 28 08-14/08/2016 # Oh William, There Art Thou!
– 4 min – One of the big learning moments in this week, which I also wrote in my report, came when I was watching the movie and then reading the screenplay of The Matrix (1999) and clearly became aware of the kind of opening sequence. Because it was similar to a movie I happened… Continue reading Week 26 25-31/07/2016 # It’s All About Presence, How You Enter The Room
– 6 min – The things I am learning at the Immersion Screenwriting Course are both wide and deep. And on different things, like I shared 2 weeks ago and this is ongoing. Also practical things. The latter being that we are spending too much time on the homework, we heard, because some of us… Continue reading Week 25 18-24/07/2016 # On Progress And Precautions
– 5 min – Greetings from the ‘Mothership’! All is well on board and the weather is good. The food is tasty, a little monotonous however: evening, morning, noon, there is only one item on the menu. You guessed it: screenplays. Although they come in different sizes, they all look pretty much the same. Some… Continue reading Week 23-24 04-17/07/2016 # Eating, Sleeping, Drinking, Swimming In Screenplays
– 5 min – So, half of May I wrote about the ‘unexpected help’ that came on my path, in case you missed it, you can read about it here. And this week it started! The big ship, taking more little boats on board, has embarked on his journey, lasting a whopping 6 months, yes,… Continue reading Week 22 27/06-03/07/2016 # The Help: Immersion Screenwriting Course